cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Gupta <>
Subject Re: [Cassandra 3.0.9 ] Disable “delete/Truncate/Drop”
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 09:32:47 GMT
Hi Abhishek,

Truncate is very much a part of CQL and it does exactly what the name
suggests i.e truncating/deleting all the rows of the table.

TRUNCATE sends a JMX command to all nodes, telling them to delete SSTables
that hold the data from the specified table. If any of these nodes is down
or doesn't respond, the command fails. Hence, it is important to ensure the
command is run using CONSISTENCY ALL and when all the nodes are up. (use
nodetool status)

Please see for
further details.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Abhishek Kumar Maheshwari <> wrote:

> Hi all,
> There is any way to disable “delete/Truncate/Drop” command on Cassandra?
> If yes then how we can implement this?
> *Thanks & Regards,*
> *Abhishek Kumar Maheshwari*
> *+91- 9999805591 (Mobile)*
> Times Internet Ltd. | A Times of India Group Company
> FC - 6, Sector 16A, Film City,  Noida,  U.P. 201301 | INDIA
> *P** Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.
> Spread environmental awareness.*
> The “Times Cartoonist Hunt” is now your chance to be the next legendary
> cartoonist. Send us 2 original cartoons, one on current affairs and the
> second on any subject of your choice. All entries must be uploaded on
> by 5th April 2017. Alternatively, you can email
> your entries at with your Name, Age, City and
> Mobile number. Gear up, the Hunt has begun!

View raw message