cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <raziuddin.kh...@nih.gov>
Subject Re: IPv6-only host, can't seem to get Cassandra to bind to a public port
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 19:31:20 GMT
See this note in cassandra-topology.properties:

# Native IPv6 is supported, however you must escape the colon in the IPv6 Address

# Also be sure to comment out JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

# in cassandra-env.sh

fe80\:0\:0\:0\:202\:b3ff\:fe1e\:8329=DC1:RAC3

Maybe you have to escape the IPV6 addresses in the cassandra.yaml in the same way.

I think it’s worth a try.

-Razi

    From: sai krishnam raju potturi <pskraju88@gmail.com>

    > We have included the IPV6 address with scope GLOBAL, and not IPV6 with SCOPE LINK
in the YAML and TOPOLOGY files.

    > inet6 addr: 2001: *** : ** : ** : * : * : **** : ****  Scope:Global

    > inet6 addr: fe80 :: *** : **** : **** : **** Scope:Link

    > Not sure if this might be of relevance to the issue you are facing.

    I already stated I tried both the initial email.

    Martijn Pieters