cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "John Buczkowski" <...@tiac.net>
Subject Unsubscribe
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 20:58:07 GMT
From: eugene miretsky [mailto:eugene.miretsky@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2017 4:36 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Why are automatic anti-entropy repairs required when hinted hand-off is enabled?

Hi,

As I see it, if hinted handoff is enabled, the only time data can be inconsistent is when:

1.	A node is down for longer than the max_hint_window
2.	The coordinator node crushes before all the hints have been replayed

Why is it still recommended to perform frequent automatic repairs, as well as enable read
repair? Can't I just run a repair after one of the nodes is down? The only problem I see with
this approach is a long repair job (instead of small incremental repairs). But other than
that, are there any other issues/corner-cases?

Cheers,

Eugene