cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <>
Subject Re: IPv6-only host, can't seem to get Cassandra to bind to a public port
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:06:03 GMT
Hi Martjin,

Looking at your original message:

I see you edited etc/cassandra/, by changing:

First, I don’t think there is an option, so I would recommend
removing that line.

Second, I believe that starting in apache-cassandra-3.2, that enabling/disabling the option
has been moved to a file called *jvm.options*

My guess right now is that you may have upgraded Cassandra from a version older that 3.1 and
somehow your config files are not compatible with 3.10?

On 4/13/17, 5:41 AM, "Martijn Pieters" <> wrote:

    From my original email:
    > My configuration changes:
    > listen_address: <local or global scope IPv6 address>
    > listen_interface_prefer_ipv6: true
    listen_interface is commented out. I've just now tried again with "# listen_interface_prefer_ipv6:
false" (option commented out), but the error persists.
    I've also rebooted the system, in case the upgrade from base 16.04 to 16.04.2 left something
in a funky state.
    On 12/04/2017, 21:39, "Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <>
        Are you specifying both the listen_address and listen_interface, or just one of the
        Send,  an example of the following 3 lines.  Here is what I have on my 2.1.16 cluster
that uses ipv6:
        listen_address: hhhh:hhhh:hhh:hhhh:h:hhhh:hhh:h
        # listen_interface: eth0
        # listen_interface_prefer_ipv6: false
        Also, looking at my config, I can confirm that it is uneccessary or wrong to escape
the ipv6 address with \ as I suggested before.
            From: "Khaja, Raziuddin (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]" <>
            > Maybe you have to escape the IPV6 addresses in the cassandra.yaml in the
same way.
            > I think it’s worth a try.
            Nope, no luck. You get an error instead:
                ERROR [main] 2017-04-12 20:03:46,899 - Exception
encountered during startup: Unknown listen_address 'hhhh\:hhhh\:hhhh\:hhhh\:hhhh\:h\:hh\:h'
            (actual address digits replaced with h characters).

View raw message