cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain Rastoul <alf.mmm....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I scale my read rate?
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 05:24:29 GMT
On 20/03/2017 22:05, Michael Wojcikiewicz wrote:
> Not sure if someone has suggested this, but I believe it's not
> sufficient to simply add nodes to a cluster to increase read
> performance: you also need to alter the ReplicationFactor of the
> keyspace to a larger value as you increase your cluster gets larger.
>
> ie. data is available from more nodes in the cluster for each query.

Yes, good point in case of cluster growth, there would be more replica
to handle same key ranges.
And also readjust token ranges :
https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/topo_changes.html

SG, can you give some information (or share your code) about how you
generate your data and how you read it ?

--
best,
Alain