cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Meg Mara <mm...@digitalriver.com>
Subject RE: Does "nodetool repair" need to be run on each node for a given table?
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 19:08:56 GMT
Yes, whichever node initiates “nodetool repair” becomes the co-ordinator node for that
repair operation and only the token ranges it owns are repaired. Other nodes which own data
in that “repaired token range” will also be involved in this repair operation, create
their merkle trees and send it to coordinator for comparison.

There is a lot to explain when it comes to repair and its many options (-pr, -inc, -par etc).
I recommend the following two links which provide the answers to all your questions.

https://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/repair-in-cassandra
https://www.pythian.com/blog/effective-anti-entropy-repair-cassandra/

Thanks,

-          Meg Mara

From: Thakrar, Jayesh [mailto:jthakrar@conversantmedia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:26 PM
To: daemeon reiydelle <daemeonr@gmail.com>; user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does "nodetool repair" need to be run on each node for a given table?

Thanks Daemon - it’s the documentation that prompted me to ask the question.

The doc points to further info on incremental, and would I be correct to interpret that nodetool
initiates a repair on a specific node (i.e. the node specified with -h or the current node)?

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/more-efficient-repairs

[cid:image001.png@01D29CCC.83BF9D00]