cassandra-user mailing list archives

From daemeon reiydelle <daeme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scylladb
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 19:21:47 GMT
The comparison is fair, and conservative. Did substantial performance
comparisons for two clients, both results returned throughputs that were
faster than the published comparisons (15x as I recall). At that time the
client preferred to utilize a Cass COTS solution and use a caching solution
for OLA compliance.

*.......*

*Daemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA (+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Robin Verlangen <robin@us2.nl> wrote:

> I was wondering how people feel about the comparison that's made here
> between Cassandra and ScyllaDB : http://www.scylladb.com/
> technology/ycsb-cassandra-scylla/#results-of-3-scylla-
> nodes-vs-30-cassandra-nodes
>
> They are claiming a 10x improvement, is that a fair comparison or maybe a
> somewhat coloured view of a (micro)benchmark in a specific setup? Any
> pros/cons known?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Robin Verlangen
> *Chief Data Architect*
>
> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is
> intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that
> the information remains the property of the sender. You must not use,
> disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have
> received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
> irrevocably delete this message and any copies.
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Carlos Rolo <rolo@pythian.com> wrote:
>
>> No rain at all! But I almost had it running last weekend, but stopped
>> short of installing it. Let's see if this one is for real!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Carlos Juzarte Rolo
>> Cassandra Consultant
>>
>> Pythian - Love your data
>>
>> rolo@pythian | Twitter: @cjrolo | Linkedin: *linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo
>> <http://linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo>*
>> Mobile: +351 91 891 81 00 <+351%20918%20918%20100> | Tel: +1 613 565
>> 8696 x1649 <+1%20613-565-8696>
>> www.pythian.com
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:38 AM, Dani Traphagen <
>> dani.traphagen@datastax.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You'll be the first Carlos.
>>>
>>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>>
>>> Had any rain lately? Curious how this went, if so.

NoSQL