cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Gábor Auth <auth.ga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Purge data from repair_history table?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 19:06:26 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 2:22 PM Paulo Motta <pauloricardomg@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's safe to truncate this table since it's just used to inspect repairs
> for troubleshooting. You may also set a default TTL to avoid it from
> growing unbounded (this is going to be done by default on CASSANDRA-12701).

I've made an alter on the repair_history and the parent_repair_history
tables:
ALTER TABLE system_distributed.repair_history WITH compaction =
{'class':'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.TimeWindowCompactionStrategy',
'compaction_window_unit':'DAYS', 'compaction_window_size':'1'
} AND default_time_to_live = 2592000;

Is it affect the previous contents in the table or I need to truncate
manually? Is the 'TRUNCATE' safe? :)

Bye,
Gábor Auth