cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robin Verlangen <ro...@us2.nl>
Subject Re: scylladb
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 19:04:41 GMT
I was wondering how people feel about the comparison that's made here
between Cassandra and ScyllaDB :
http://www.scylladb.com/technology/ycsb-cassandra-scylla/#results-of-3-scylla-nodes-vs-30-cassandra-nodes

They are claiming a 10x improvement, is that a fair comparison or maybe a
somewhat coloured view of a (micro)benchmark in a specific setup? Any
pros/cons known?

Best regards,

Robin Verlangen
*Chief Data Architect*

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that
the information remains the property of the sender. You must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have
received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
irrevocably delete this message and any copies.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Carlos Rolo <rolo@pythian.com> wrote:

> No rain at all! But I almost had it running last weekend, but stopped
> short of installing it. Let's see if this one is for real!
>
> Regards,
>
> Carlos Juzarte Rolo
> Cassandra Consultant
>
> Pythian - Love your data
>
> rolo@pythian | Twitter: @cjrolo | Linkedin: *linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo
> <http://linkedin.com/in/carlosjuzarterolo>*
> Mobile: +351 91 891 81 00 <+351%20918%20918%20100> | Tel: +1 613 565 8696
> x1649 <+1%20613-565-8696>
> www.pythian.com
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:38 AM, Dani Traphagen <
> dani.traphagen@datastax.com> wrote:
>
>> You'll be the first Carlos.
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> Had any rain lately? Curious how this went, if so.
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 4:36 AM, Jack Krupansky <jack.krupansky@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I just did a Twitter search on scylladb and did not see any tweets about
>>> actual use, so far.
>>>

>>> -- Jack Krupansky

NoSQL