cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yablonowitz <er...@jana.com>
Subject Re: 2.1 to 3.0 upgrade problems
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:17:01 GMT
Thanks Meg!  Yes, we have already identified the problematics stables (there are 2 out of ~740).
 They are in one of our keyspaces not in system.

I’m not sure what connection request exceptions you are talking about?  This?

ERROR [SharedPool-Worker-3] 2017-03-28 23:50:33,998 Message.java:621 -
Unexpected exception during request; channel = [id: 0x2366241f,
L:/10.7.150.165:9042 - R:/10.179.229.62:32119]
java.io.IOError: java.io.IOException: Corrupt empty row found in unfiltered
partition

That seems more like a data issue than a driver issue, no?

> On Mar 29, 2017, at 11:56 AM, Meg Mara <mmara@digitalriver.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> I am not sure why the commit logs were growing so much but I do have some suggestions
regarding the Unexpected exception during request and about upgradesstables. I had recently
upgraded from 2.2.5 to 3.0.10 and faced the same issue with nodetool upgradesstables not converting
all SStables. To convert them all, you can run "nodetool upgradesstables -a" and then do a
check to see which sstables are still in old format. In your /cassandra/data/ directory use
the find command to search for older format sstables named as -la- . This command should work
"find . -name "la*" | grep -v snapshots".

> Then run "nodetool upgradesstables keyspace_name" for each of the keyspaces listed. For
me, primarily the system columnfamilies were left in older format.

> And about that connection request exceptions, they could be caused if the connecting
client is on an older incompatible java driver. Upgrade the java driver to be compatible with
your Cassandra version. Hope that helps.