cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Max Campos <mc_cassan...@core43.com>
Subject Re: Error of "You have to be logged in and not anonymous to perform this request"
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 02:16:43 GMT
These commands don’t really mean anything unless you’re using authentication.  If you want
to enable roles / authentication / etc, then follow the instructions in the manual:

http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/security.html#authentication <http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/security.html#authentication>

… or if you don’t want to use user authentication, then I wouldn’t worry about creating
users / messing around with roles for the authentication system you don’t want to use.
:-)

- Max

> On Mar 19, 2017, at 6:56 pm, Long Quanzheng <prclqz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
> I can't do any actions even with the superuser "cassandra".
>
> cassandra@cqlsh> list roles;
> Unauthorized: Error from server: code=2100 [Unauthorized] message="You have to be logged
in and not anonymous to perform this request"

> cassandra@cqlsh> CREATE USER dba WITH PASSWORD 'bacon' SUPERUSER;
> Unauthorized: Error from server: code=2100 [Unauthorized] message="Only superusers can
create a role with superuser status"