cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Is it possible to recover a deleted-in-future record?
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 12:55:20 GMT
DISCLAIMER: This is only my personal opinion. Evaluate the situation carefully and if you find
below suggestions useful, follow them at your own risk.
If I have understood the problem correctly, malicious deletes would actually lead to deletion
of data.  I am not sure how everything is normal after the deletes?
If data is critical,you could:

1. Take a database snapshot immediately so that you dont lose information if delete entrues
in sstables are compacted together with original data.
2. Transfer snapshot to suitable place and Run some utility such as sstabletojson to get the
keys impacted by the deletes and original data for keys. Data has to be consolidated from
all the nodes.
3. Devise a strategy to restore deleted data.
ThanksAnuj