cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Thakrar, Jayesh" <jthak...@conversantmedia.com>
Subject Is periodic manual repair necessary?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:08:48 GMT
Suppose I have an application, where there are no deletes, only 5-10% of rows being occasionally
updated (and that too only once) and a lot of reads.

Furthermore, I have replication = 3 and both read and write are configured for local_quorum.

Occasionally, servers do go into maintenance.

I understand when the maintenance is longer than the period for hinted_handoffs to be preserved,
they are lost and servers may have stale data.
But I do expect it to be rectified on reads. If the stale data is not read again, I don’t
care for it to be corrected as then the data will be automatically purged because of TTL.

In such a situation, do I need to have a periodic (weekly?) manual/batch read_repair process?

Thanks,
Jayesh Thakrar