cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Cheng <>
Subject Re: Does Too many GC pauses can cause cassandra service DOWN.
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 00:11:18 GMT
GC can absolutely cause a server to get marked down by a peer. See

As for tuning again we use CMS but this thread has some good G1 info that I
looked at while evaluating it:

Also Al's awesome tuning guide has some stuff, although its 2.1-centric so
might not be 100% applicable

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Pranay akula <>

> On couple of servers  when cassandra service is down all i see only GC
> pauses and load on these servers is not high when pauses happend, i haven't
> found any thing else is that can be the reason or do i need to look at
> something else ??
> We are using G1GC any reference on how to adjust G1GC settings, as we can
> not set New Heap in G1.
> Thanks
>  Pranay.

View raw message