cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Igor Leão <igor.l...@ubee.in>
Subject Logging queries
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2017 19:29:00 GMT
Hi there,

I'm wondering how to log queries from Cassandra. These queries can be
either slow queries or all queries. The only constraint is that I should do
this on server side.

I tried using `nodetool settraceprobability`, which writes all queries to
the keyspace `system_traces`. When I try to see which queries are slower
than a given number, I get:

Result: ```InvalidRequest: code=2200 [Invalid query] message="No secondary
indexes on the restricted columns support the provided operators: "```
Query: `select * from events where source_elapsed >= 1000;`

My goal is to debug performance issues in a production database. I want to
know which queries are degrading the performance of the db.

Thanks in advance!