cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kant Kodali <k...@peernova.com>
Subject Are Cassandra Triggers Thread Safe? ("Tough questions perhaps!")
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 22:24:16 GMT
Hi,

1. Are Cassandra Triggers Thread Safe? what happens if two writes invoke
the trigger where the trigger is trying to modify same row in a partition?
2. Had anyone used it successfully on production? If so, any issues? (I am
using the latest version of C* 3.10)
3. I have partitions that are about 10K rows. And each row in a partition
need to have a pointer to the previous row (and the pointer in this case is
a hash). Using Triggers here would greatly simply our application logic.

It will be a huge help if I can get answers to this.

Thanks,
kant