cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kant Kodali <k...@peernova.com>
Subject Re: How does cassandra achieve Linearizability?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 01:21:21 GMT
@Justin I read this article
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/lightweight-transactions-in-cassandra-2-0.
And it clearly says Linearizable consistency can be achieved with LWT's.
 so should I assume the Linearizability in the context of the above article
is possible with LWT's and synchronization of clocks through ntpd ? because
LWT's also follow Last Write Wins. isn't it? Also another question does
most of the production clusters do setup ntpd? If so what is the time it
takes to sync? any idea

@Micheal Schuler Are you referring to  something like true time as in
https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//archive/spanner-osdi2012.pdf?
Actually I never heard of setting up GPS modules and how that can be
helpful. Let me research on that but good point.