cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Amit Singh F <amit.f.si...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Incremental Repair Migration
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2017 07:27:13 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

Really appreciate your response.

It will not be possible for us to move to Reaper as of now, we are in process to migrate to
Incremental repair.

Also Running repair constantly will be costly affair in our case . For migrating to incremental
repair with large set of dataset will take hours to be finished if we go ahead with procedure
shared by Datastax.

So any quick method to reduce that ?

Regards
Amit Singh

From: Jonathan Haddad [mailto:jon@jonhaddad.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:50 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Incremental Repair Migration

Your best bet is to just run repair constantly. We maintain an updated fork of Spotify's reaper
tool to help manage it: https://github.com/thelastpickle/cassandra-reaper
On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:04 PM Amit Singh F <amit.f.singh@ericsson.com<mailto:amit.f.singh@ericsson.com>>
wrote:
Hi All,

We are thinking of migrating from primary range repair (-pr) to incremental repair.

Environment :

•         Cassandra 2.1.16
•     25 Node cluster ,
•     RF 3
•     Data size up to 450 GB per nodes

We found that running full repair will be taking around 8 hrs per node which means 200 odd
hrs. for migrating the entire cluster to incremental repair. Even though there is zero downtime,
it is quite unreasonable to ask for 200 hr maintenance window for migrating repairs.

Just want to know how Cassandra users in community optimize the procedure to reduce migration
time ?

Thanks & Regards
Amit Singh