cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Amit Singh F <amit.f.si...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Incremental repair for the first time
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 07:13:34 GMT
Hi ,

Generally Upgradesstables are only recommended when you plan to move with Major version like
 from 2.0 to 2.1  or from 2.1 to 2.2 etc. Since you are doing minor version upgrade no need
to run upgradesstables utility.

Link by Datastax might be helpful to you :

https://support.datastax.com/hc/en-us/articles/208040036-Nodetool-upgradesstables-FAQ

From: Kathiresan S [mailto:kathiresanselvaraj@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 12:22 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Incremental repair for the first time

Thank you!

We are planning to upgrade to 3.0.10 for this issue.

From the NEWS txt file (https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/NEWS.txt), it looks
like there is no need for sstableupgrade when we upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.10 (i.e. Just installing
3.0.10 Cassandra would suffice and it will work with the sstables created by 3.0.4 ?)

Could you please confirm (if i'm reading the upgrade instructions correctly)?

Thanks,
Kathir

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 5:28 PM, kurt Greaves <kurt@instaclustr.com<mailto:kurt@instaclustr.com>>