cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Shannon Carey <sca...@expedia.com>
Subject Is Repair complete?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 22:40:12 GMT
Can anyone give a better answer to the question "How do I know if a "nodetool repair" is finished?"
on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25064717/how-do-i-know-if-nodetool-repair-is-finished

I am trying to prepare to upgrade to DSE 5. I am migrating to incremental repairs first. So
I disabled autocompaction and I kicked off a full sequential repair ("nodetool repair") on
one node in DSE 4.8.5, and more than 24 hours later, I still often (but not always) see "Repair
of …" showing up in the Activities in OpsCenter, and often (but not always) "nodetool compactionstats"
shows a "Validation" compaction under "pending tasks". Is the repair done? How can I tell
for certain?

Also, the node is an AWS EC2 i2.xlarge and only contains ~311GB… is >24 hr a reasonable/expected
duration for a single-node full sequential repair?

Thanks,
Shannon