cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Julian <thomasjul...@zoho.com>
Subject How to calculate CPU Utilisation on each node?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2017 10:19:25 GMT
Hello,

We are using Cassandra 2.1.13. We are calculating node CPU utilization using the below formula,

CPUUsage = CPURate / (AvailableProcessors*1000000)

CPURate = (x2-x1)/(t2-t1),

where x2 and x1 are the values of the attribute ProcessCpuTime at the time t2 and t1 respectively.

We retrieve the value of attributes ProcessCpuTime and AvailableProcessors from the ObjectName
java.lang:type=OperatingSystem using JMX.

Is it the correct way to calculate the CPU Utilization for a node?

or

Are there any other alternatives to calculate the CPU Utilization per node?

We are using a 32 core physical processor on each node and node CPU Utilization reaches 100%
every now and then. We suspect that should not be the case.

Best Regards,

Julian.