cassandra-user mailing list archives

From John Sanda <>
Subject empty buckets with STCS
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 23:54:13 GMT
I have 2.2.1 Cassandra node that does not appear to be compacting
SSTables.  The table is currently configured with STCS. I turned on some
debug logging and when the compaction checks run, they log:

Compaction buckets are []

I have been going over and looking in
particular at the getNextBackgroundTables method since that is where the
above message is logged. Assuming I am reading the logs correctly, what if
anything besides all SSTables being blacklisted would result in empty
buckets? As I understand the code if an SSTable falls outside the threshold
of all existing buckets, it will be added to a new bucket.

- John

View raw message