cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at Cisco)" <bjano...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra cluster performance
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Hi,

- Consistency level is set to ONE
-  Keyspace definition:

                    "CREATE KEYSPACE  IF NOT EXISTS  onem2m " +
        "WITH replication = " +
        "{ 'class' : 'SimpleStrategy', 'replication_factor' : 1}";

- yes, the client is on separate VM

- In our project we use Cassandra API version 3.0.2 but the database (cluster) is version
3.9

- for 2node cluster:

         first VM: 25 GB RAM, 16 CPUs

         second VM: 16 GB RAM, 16 CPUs

From: Ben Slater <ben.slater@instaclustr.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 2:32 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Cassandra cluster performance

You would expect some drop when moving to single multiple nodes but on the face of it that
feels extreme to me (although I’ve never personally tested the difference). Some questions
that might help provide an answer:
- what consistency level are you using for the test?
- what is your keyspace definition (replication factor most importantly)?
- where are you running your test client (is it a separate box to cassandra)?
- what C* version?
- what are specs (CPU, RAM) of the test servers?

Cheers
Ben

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 at 09:26 Branislav Janosik -T (bjanosik - AAP3 INC at Cisco) <bjanosik@cisco.com<mailto:bjanosik@cisco.com>>