cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <>
Subject Re: Storing videos in cassandra
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 18:59:36 GMT
Forward thinking, I would also suggest not storing the full URL, just
the video ID of some sort. The application code can create the URL as
needed, using the ID. If the full URL is stored in Cassandra and some
day in the future, the video file storage system needs to be changed,
this would require updating all the records. One could also use multiple
storage systems, based on if the ID has some characteristic..

On 11/14/2016 12:00 PM, Oskar Kjellin wrote:
> The actual video is not stored in Cassandra. You need to use a proper origin like s3.

> Although you can probably store it in Cassandra, it's not a good idea.
>> On 14 nov. 2016, at 18:02, raghavendra vutti <>
>> Hi,
>>  Just wanted to know How does hulu or netflix store videos in cassandra.
>> Do they just use references to the video files in the form of URL's and store in
the DB??
>> could someone please me on this.
>> Thanks,
>> Raghavendra.