cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Harikrishnan Pillai <HPil...@walmartlabs.com>
Subject Re: Which version is stable enough for production environment?
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 20:04:05 GMT

[CASSANDRA-12728] Handling partially written hint files ...<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12728>
issues.apache.org
Cassandra; CASSANDRA-12728; Handling partially written hint files. Agile Board; Awaiting Feedback;
Export

Also when i testes some of our write heavy workload Leveled Compaction was not keeping up.With
same system settings 2.1.16 performs better and all levels was properly aligned.

________________________________
From: Benjamin Roth <benjamin.roth@jaumo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:20:19 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Which version is stable enough for production environment?

What are the compaction issues / hint corruprions you encountered? Are there JIRA tickets
for it?
I am curios cause I use 3.10 (trunk) in production.

For anyone who is planning to use MVs:
They basically work. We use them in production since some months, BUT (it's a quite big one)
maintainance is a pain. Bootstrapping and repairs may be - depending on the model, config,
amount of data - really, really painful. I'm currently investigating intensively.

3.0 has "off the heap memtable" impl removed and if you have a requirement for this,its not
available.If you don't have the requirement 3.0.9 can be tried out. 3.9 version we did some
testing and find lot issues in compaction,hint corruption etc.

Regards

Hari