cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Roth <benjamin.r...@jaumo.com>
Subject Re: Priority for cassandra nodes in cluster
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2016 21:52:54 GMT
1. From a 15 year experience of running distributed Services: dont Mix
Services on machines if you don't have to. Dedicate each server to a single
task if you can afford it. It is easier to manage and reduces risks in case
of overload or failure
2. You can assign a different number of tokens for each node by setting
this in Cassandra.yaml before you bootstrap that node