cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jeff.ji...@crowdstrike.com>
Subject Re: Migrate from C* 2.1.11 to 3.9 (max version I can find in docker hub)
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 00:08:30 GMT
Should be the same as going to 3.0, no file format version bumps between 3.0 and 3.9

(There was one format change in 3.6 – CASSANDRA-11206 should have probably bumped the version
identifier, but we didn’t, and there’s nothing special you’d need to do for it anyway.)

From: Lahiru Gamathige <lahiru@highfive.com>
Date: Monday, October 31, 2016 at 5:04 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Migrate from C* 2.1.11 to 3.9 (max version I can find in docker hub)

Hi Users,

I am trying to find a migration guide from 2.1.* to 3.x and figured I should go through the
NEWS.txt so I read that and found out few things that I should be careful/consider during
the upgrade.

I'm curious there's any documentation with specific steps how to do the migration.

Anyone finished a successful migration from 2.1.* to 3.x (x > 8). Any warnings or red lights
I need to be considered ?

Regards

Lahiru