cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Hannu Kröger <hkro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving performance where a lot of updates and deletes are required?
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 14:37:55 GMT
Also in they are being read before compaction:
http://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.1/cql/cql_using/use_expire_c.html <http://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.1/cql/cql_using/use_expire_c.html>

Hannu

> On 8 Nov 2016, at 16.36, DuyHai Doan <doanduyhai@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "Does TTL also cause tombstones?" --> Yes, after the TTL expires, at the next compaction
the TTLed column is replaced by a tombstone, as per my understanding

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Ali Akhtar <ali.rac200@gmail.com <mailto:ali.rac200@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Does TTL also cause tombstones?
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 6:57 PM, Vladimir Yudovin <vladyu@winguzone.com <mailto:vladyu@winguzone.com>>
wrote:
> >The deletes will be done at a scheduled time, probably at the end of the day, each
day.

> Probably you can use TTL? http://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.1/cql/cql_using/use_expire_c.html
<http://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.1/cql/cql_using/use_expire_c.html>

> Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,
> Winguzone <https://winguzone.com/?from=list> - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
> Launch your cluster in minutes.
>

> ---- On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 05:04:12 -0500Ali Akhtar <ali.rac200@gmail.com <mailto:ali.rac200@gmail.com>>
wrote ----

> I have a use case where a lot of updates and deletes to a table will be necessary.
>
> The deletes will be done at a scheduled time, probably at the end of the day, each day.
>
> Updates will be done throughout the day, as new data comes in.
>
> Are there any guidelines on improving cassandra's performance for this use case? Any
caveats to be aware of? Any tips, like running nodetool repair every X days?