cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "wxn002@zjqunshuo.com" <wxn...@zjqunshuo.com>
Subject Re: Is it a must to run Cassandra repair in scheduled time
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 10:12:44 GMT
Thanks Ben for the response. It's very helpfull and it's really what I want.

From: Ben Dalling
Date: 2016-11-18 18:07
To: user
Subject: Re: Is it a must to run Cassandra repair in scheduled time
Hi Simon,

See http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/repair-in-cassandra for a good explanation.  Basically
repair is not a good word because it suggests it is fixing something that is broken.  This
is not the case.  It ensures the consistency across your cluster.  Not running repairs is
a VERY BAD THING.  Key things to check are how long do your repairs take and do they affect
the operation of your cluster.  Decide how often and when to run them based on this.  The
general rule of thumb is to run them within the gc_grace_seconds.  Another good article is
Cassandra’s “Repair” Should Be Called “Required Maintenance” which is available
at https://lostechies.com/ryansvihla/2015/09/25/cassandras-repair-should-be-called-required-maintenance/

Best wishes,

Ben