cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Vladimir Yudovin <vla...@winguzone.com>
Subject Re: NoHostAvailableException
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2016 17:03:29 GMT
Hi,

as I mentioned about rpc_address: 0.0.0.0 YAML says

it is allowed to specify 0.0.0.0 ... but that will break clients that rely on node auto-discovery.

Try set rpc_address: external_ip

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 11:52:31 -0500techpyaasa . &lt;techpyaasa@gmail.com&gt; wrote
----

Hi Vladimir,

I have attached cassandra.yaml we have in our setup, please check once.

- do you have native port 9042 open in firewall ?
Yes, 9042 is opened on our firewall, checked with our team

- Can you connect to cluster with cqlsh?

Yes, Im able to connect cluster using cqlsh.

What else could be issue? :(

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Vladimir Yudovin &lt;vladyu@winguzone.com&gt; wrote:

Yaml in 2.0.17 says

# The address to bind the Thrift RPC service and native transport

# server -- clients connect here.

#

# Leaving this blank has the same effect it does for ListenAddress,

# (i.e. it will be based on the configured hostname of the node).

#

# Note that unlike ListenAddress above, it is allowed to specify 0.0.0.0

# here if you want to listen on all interfaces, but that will break clients

# that rely on node auto-discovery.

#

# For security reasons, you should not expose this port to the internet.  Firewall it if needed.

rpc_address: localhost

# port for Thrift to listen for clients on

rpc_port: 9160

So probably rpc_address: 0.0.0.0 is a problem. Also do you have native port 9042 open in firewall
(if there is one).

Can you connect to cluster with cqlsh?

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:26:54 -0500techpyaasa . &lt;techpyaasa@gmail.com&gt; wrote
----

Sorry it was typo..

It is broadcast_address and not broadcast_rpc_address.
And also there is no such configuration in cass.yaml with broadcast_rpc_address in c*-2.0.17.
Very sorry once again.

This is configrn I have in cass.yaml

listen_address: [external IP]

# Address to broadcast to other Cassandra nodes

# Leaving this blank will set it to the same value as listen_address

# broadcast_address: 1.2.3.4 #It is commented, I have not made any changes for it

rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
rpc_port: 9160

Thanks
TechPyaasa

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 6:48 PM, Vladimir Yudovin &lt;vladyu@winguzone.com&gt; wrote:

Not broadcast_address, but broadcast_rpc_address  (you gave this example:rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
 , broadcast_rpc_address: 1.2.3.4)

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 08:14:38 -0500techpyaasa . &lt;techpyaasa@gmail.com&gt; wrote
----

Hi Vladimir,

I have not modified anything for broadcasr_address, I left as it was..

# Leaving this blank will set it to the same value as listen_address
# broadcast_address: 1.2.3.4

So the  comment above says "Leaving this blank will set it to the same value as listen_address"
, so it shud set as listen_address and I have set listen_address as its external IPs for all
nodes..

So I guess that should not be a problem... :(

What else could be the issue...??  :( :(

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Vladimir Yudovin &lt;vladyu@winguzone.com&gt; wrote:

Try to set broadcast_rpc_address on each node to its real external IP address.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Mon, 21 Nov 2016 05:47:00 -0500techpyaasa . &lt;techpyaasa@gmail.com&gt; wrote
----

Following exception intermittently thrown by datastax java driver though all nodes are up.(Happening
for both read &amp; write queries)

"Exception com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException: All host(s) tried
for query failed (no host was tried) at com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException.copy(NoHostAvailableException.java:84)
at com.datastax.driver.core.DriverThrowables.propagateCause(DriverThrowables.java:37) at com.datastax.driver.core.DefaultResultSetFuture.getUninterruptibly(DefaultResultSetFuture.java:214)
at com.datastax.driver.core.AbstractSession.execute(AbstractSession.java:52) at"

Using c*-2.0.17 , datastax java driver - cassandra-driver-core-2.1.8.jar.

In cassandra.yaml following were set
rpc_address: 0.0.0.0  , broadcast_rpc_address: 1.2.3.4

Have anyone faced such issue ? What could be the reason and fix for it?

Thanks in advance

Techpyaasa.