cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jon Haddad <jonathan.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Priority for cassandra nodes in cluster
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2016 22:12:06 GMT
Agreed w/ Benjamin.  Trying to diagnose issues in prod will be a nightmare.  Keep your DB servers
homogeneous.

> On Nov 12, 2016, at 1:52 PM, Benjamin Roth <benjamin.roth@jaumo.com> wrote:
>
> 1. From a 15 year experience of running distributed Services: dont Mix Services on machines
if you don't have to. Dedicate each server to a single task if you can afford it. It is easier
to manage and reduces risks in case of overload or failure
> 2. You can assign a different number of tokens for each node by setting this in Cassandra.yaml
before you bootstrap that node

> Am 12.11.2016 22:48 schrieb "sat" <sathish.alwar@gmail.com <mailto:sathish.alwar@gmail.com>>:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to install 3 node cluster in production environment. Is it possible to
provide weightage or priority to the nodes in cluster.

> Eg., We want more more records to be written to first 2 nodes and less to the 3rd node.
We are thinking of this approach because we want to install other IO intensive messaging server
in the 3rd node, in order to reduce the load we are requesting for this approach.