cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Leena Ghatpande <lghatpa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Repair in Multi Datacenter - Should you use -dc Datacenter repair or repair with -pr
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:15:51 GMT
Please advice. Cannot find any clear documentation on what is the best strategy for repairing
nodes on a regular basis with multiple datacenters involved.

We are running cassandra 3.7 in multi datacenter with 4 nodes in each data center. We are
trying to run repairs every other night to keep the nodes in good state.We currently run repair
with -pr option , but the repair process gets hung and does not complete gracefully. Dont
see any errors in the logs either.

What is the best way to perform repairs on multiple data centers on large tables.

1. Can we run Datacenter repair using -dc option for each data center? Do we need to run repair
on each node in that case or will it repair all nodes within the datacenter?

2. Is running repair with -pr across all nodes required , if we perform the step 1 every night?

3. Is cross data center repair required and if so whats the best option?

Thanks

Leena