cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Peddi, Praveen" <>
Subject Re: Running Cassandra in Integration Tests
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 00:41:29 GMT
We could not use cassandra unit for licensing reasons so we ended up instantiate CassandraDeamon
after setting system property of cassandra.config={yaml location}. It works fine for our needs.

From: Ali Akhtar <<>>
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 8:35 PM
To: "<>" <<>>
Subject: Re: Running Cassandra in Integration Tests

That looks great Andrew, but it doesn't seem to have been committed to for 5 months. Is anyone
still using cassandra-unit , does it work with latest cassandra versions (e.g 3.9)?

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Andrew Tolbert <<>>
Hi Ali,

cassandra-unit<> might be what you are looking
for.  It allows you to run an embedded cassandra instance along side your tests and has some
nice integration with JUnit.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 7:13 PM Ali Akhtar <<>>
Ok, but that's not what this question is about.

I'm looking for a way to run an embedded cassandra instance which is created & destroyed
during tests and which doesn't persist any state outside the tests.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Kant Kodali <<>>
you dont need to look for cassandra java api to start/stop instance. you just need to write
a shell script or python or java or any language to execute shell commands!

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 4:57 PM, Ali Akhtar<>
Okay.. but how would I start this instance? Is there a java api to programmatically start
/ destroy an instance during tests?

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 4:56 AM, Kant Kodali <<>>
sure as long as that isolated instance is treated as separate cluster you shouldn't run into
any problems.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 4:08 PM, Ali Akhtar<>
Is it possible to create an isolated cassandra instance which is run during integration tests
and it disappears after tests have finished running? Then its recreated the next time tests
run (perhaps being populated with test data).

 I'm using Java.

View raw message