cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anubhav Kale <Anubhav.K...@microsoft.com>
Subject VNode Streaming Math
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 16:13:25 GMT
Hello,

Suppose I have a 100 node ring, with num_tokens=32 (thus, 32 VNodes per physical machine).
Assume this cluster has just one keyspace having one table. There are 10 SS Tables on each
node, and size on disk is 10GB on each node. For simplicity, assume each SSTable is 1GB.

Now, a node went down, and I need to rebuild it. Can you please explain to me the math around
how many SS Table files (and size) each node would stream to this node ? How does that math
change as #VNodes change ?

I am looking for rough calculations to understand this process better. I am guessing I might
have missed some variables in here (amount of data per token range ?), so please let me know
that too !

Thanks much !