cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anubhav Kale <Anubhav.K...@microsoft.com>
Subject Nodetool rebuild question
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 20:34:48 GMT
Hello,

As part of rebuild, I noticed that the destination node gets -tmp- files from other nodes.
Are following statements correct ?

1.       The files are written to disk without going through memtables.

2.       Regular compactors eventually compact them to bring down # SSTables to a reasonable
number.

We have noticed that the destination node has created > 40K *Data* files in first hour
of streaming itself. We have not seen such pattern before, so trying to understand what could
have changed. (We do use Vnodes and We haven't increased # nodes recently, but have decomm-ed
a DC).

Thanks much !