cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kant Kodali <k...@peernova.com>
Subject Re: non incremental repairs with cassandra 2.2+
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 16:42:18 GMT
Another question on a same note would be what would be the fastest way to do repairs of size
10TB cluster ? Full repairs are taking days. So among repair parallel or repair sub range
which is faster in the case of say adding a new node to the cluster?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 9:30 AM, Sean Bridges <sean.bridges@globalrelay.net> wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> We are upgrading from cassandra 2.1 to cassandra 2.2.
>
> With cassandra 2.1 we would periodically repair all nodes, using the -pr flag.
>
> With cassandra 2.2, the same repair takes a very long time, as cassandra does an anti
compaction after the repair.  This anti compaction causes most (all?) the sstables to be rewritten.
 Is there a way to do full repairs without continually anti compacting?  If we do a full repair
on each node with the -pr flag, will subsequent full repairs also force anti compacting most
(all?) sstables?