cassandra-user mailing list archives

From DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up schema generation during tests
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 07:15:40 GMT
There is a lot of pre-flight checks when starting the cassandra server and
they took time.

For integration testing, I have developped a modified CassandraDeamon here
that remove pretty most of those checks:

https://github.com/doanduyhai/Achilles/blob/master/achilles-embedded/src/main/java/info/archinnov/achilles/embedded/AchillesCassandraDaemon.java

The problem is that I felt into weird scenarios where creating a keyspace
wasn't created in timely manner so I just stop using this impl for the
moment, just look at it and do whatever you want.

Another idea for testing is to disable durable write to speed up mutation
(CREATE KEYSPACE ... WITH durable_write=false)