cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jeff.ji...@crowdstrike.com>
Subject Re: Hotspots / Load on Cassandra node
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 05:20:26 GMT
There were recent bugs in 2.1/2.2 that caused the load reported by nodetool status to be artificially
high – is the size on disk consistent with the value reported by ‘nodetool status’ ?

From: Harikrishnan A <hari_ka@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 9:53 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Hotspots / Load on Cassandra node

Hello,

When I am issuing nodetool status, I see the load ( in GB) on one of the node is high compare
to the other nodes in my ring.

I do not see any issues with the Data Modeling, and it looks like the Partition sizes are
almost evenly sized and distributed across the nodes.  Repairs are running properly.

How do I approach and fix this issue?.

Thanks & Regards,

Hari

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose, copy, distribute, or use
this email or any attachments. If you have received this in error please let the sender know
and then delete the email and all attachments.