cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jeff.ji...@crowdstrike.com>
Subject Re: how to get the size of the particular partition key belonging to an sstable ??
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 19:40:37 GMT
See also  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-12367

From: Justin Cameron <justin@instaclustr.com>
Date: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 12:35 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: how to get the size of the particular partition key belonging to an sstable ??

nodetool cfhistograms / nodetool tablehistograms will also output partition size statistics
for a given table: http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/tools/toolsTablehisto.html

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 at 12:32 Justin Cameron <justin@instaclustr.com> wrote:

If you're trying to determine this in order to diagnose wide row issues, then you can check
your logs - Cassandra will log a warning for partitions > 100MB during compaction.

See https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.x/cassandra/configuration/configCassandra_yaml.html#configCassandra_yaml__compaction_large_partition_warning_threshold_mb