cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kant Kodali <k...@peernova.com>
Subject Re: non incremental repairs with cassandra 2.2+
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:18:23 GMT
Sorry I shouldn't have said adding a node. Sometimes data seems to be corrupted or inconsistent
in which case would like to run a repair.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 10:10 AM, Sean Bridges <sean.bridges@globalrelay.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks, we will try that.
>
> Sean
>
>> On 16-10-19 09:34 AM, Alexander Dejanovski wrote:
>> Hi Sean,
>>
>> you should be able to do that by running subrange repairs, which is the only type
of repair that wouldn't trigger anticompaction AFAIK.
>> Beware that now you will have sstables marked as repaired and others marked as unrepaired,
which will never be compacted           together.
>> You might want to flag all sstables as unrepaired before moving on, if you do not
intend to switch to incremental repair for now.

>> Cheers,
>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 6:31 PM Sean Bridges <sean.bridges@globalrelay.net>
wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> We are upgrading from cassandra 2.1 to cassandra 2.2.
>>>
>>> With cassandra 2.1 we would periodically repair all nodes, using the -pr flag.

>>> With cassandra 2.2, the same repair takes a very long time, as cassandra does
an anti compaction after the repair.  This anti compaction causes most (all?) the sstables
to be rewritten.  Is there a way to do full repairs without continually anti compacting?
If we do a full repair on                 each node with the -pr flag, will subsequent full
repairs also force anti compacting most (all?) sstables?

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Sean
>>
>> --
>> -----------------
>> Alexander Dejanovski
>> France
>> @alexanderdeja
>>
>> Consultant
>> Apache Cassandra Consulting
>> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>

> --
> Sean Bridges
>
> senior systems architect
> Global Relay
>
> sean.bridges@globalrelay.net
>
> 866.484.6630
> New York | Chicago | Vancouver | London (+44.0800.032.9829) | Singapore (+65.3158.1301)

> Global Relay Archive supports email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, Bloomberg, Thomson
Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.

> Ask about Global Relay Message - The Future of Collaboration in the Financial Services
World

> All email sent to or from this address will be retained by Global Relay's email archiving
system. This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. Global Relay will not be liable for any compliance or technical
information provided herein. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.