cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <>
Subject Re: Question on Read Repair
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 17:29:15 GMT
If the failuredetector knows that the node is down, it won’t attempt a read, because the
consistency level can’t be satisfied – none of the other replicas will be repaired.

From: Anubhav Kale <>
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM
To: "" <>
Subject: Question on Read Repair

This is more of a theory / concept question. I set CL=ALL and do a read. Say one replica was
down, will the rest of the replicas get repaired as part of this ? (I am hoping the answer
is yes).

Thanks !

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disclose, copy, distribute, or use
this email or any attachments. If you have received this in error please let the sender know
and then delete the email and all attachments.

View raw message