cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <>
Subject Re: Repair in Multi Datacenter - Should you use -dc Datacenter repair or repair with -pr
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2016 16:58:24 GMT
Hi Leena,

Do you have a firewall between the two DCs? If yes, &quot;connection reset&quot; can
be caused by Cassandra trying to use a TCP connection which is already closed by the firewall.
Please make sure that you set high connection timeout at firewall. Also, make sure your servers
are not overloaded. Please see

for general causes of connection reset. Also, as I told earlier, Cassandra troubleshooting
explains it well
. Make sure firewall and node tcp settings are in sync such that nodes close a tcp connection
before firewall does that.

With firewall timeout, we generally see merkle tree request/response failing between nodes
in two DCs and then repair is hung for ever. Not sure how merkle tree creation  which is node
specific would get impacted by multi dc setup. Are repairs with -local options completing
without problems?

View raw message