cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Multiple Network Interfaces in non-EC2
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 13:35:57 GMT
Hi Amir,

I would like to understand your requirement first. Why do you need multiface interface configuration
mentioned at http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.x/cassandra/configuration/configMultiNetworks.html
with single DC setup?

As per my understanding, you could simply set listen address to private IP and dont set broadcast_address
and listen_on_broadcast address properties at all. You could use your private IP everywhere
because you dont have any other DC which would connect using public IP.

In multiple DCs, you need public IP for communicating with nodes in other DCs and thats where
you need private IP for internal communication and public IP for across DC communication.

Let me know if using private IP solves your problem.

Also, if you have a specific use case for using multiple interface configuration, you could
add a NAT rule to route your traffic on public IP to your private IP (route traffic on Cassandra
port only). This could act as a workaround till the JIRA is fixed. Let me know if you see
any issues with the workaround.

Thanks
Anuj