cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Vlad <>
Subject Two DCs assandra on Azure connection problem.
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:48:40 GMT
I put two nodes cluster on Azure. Each node in its own DC (ping about 10 ms.), inter-node
connection (SSL port 7001) is going throw external IPs, i.e.

 listen_interface: eth0broadcast_address:
Cluster is starting, cqlsh can connect, stress-tool survives night of writes with replication
factor two, all seems to be fine. But when cluster is leaved without load it becomes nonfunctional
after several minutes of idle. Attempt to connect fails with error
Connection error: ('Unable to connect to any servers', {'': OperationTimedOut('errors=Timed
out creating connection (10 seconds), last_host=None',)})

There is messageWARN  10:06:32 RequestExecutionException READ_TIMEOUT: Operation timed out
- received only 1 responses.

on one node six minutes after start (no load or connect in this time).

nodetool status shows both nodes as UN (Up and Normal, I guess)

I suspected connectivity problem, but tcpdump shows constant traffic on port 7001 between
nodes. Restarting OTHER node than I'm connection to solves the problem for another several
minutes. I increased  TCP idle time in Azure IP address setting to 30 minutes, but it had
no effect.

Thanks, Vlad

View raw message