cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jeff.ji...@crowdstrike.com>
Subject Re: High load on few nodes in a DC.
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:55:34 GMT
Is your replication_factor 2? Or is it 3?  What version are you using?

The most likely answer is some individual partition that’s either being written/read more
than others, or is somehow impacting the cluster (wide rows are a natural candidate).

You don’t mention your version, but most modern versions of Cassandra ship with ‘nodetool
toppartitions’, which will help you identify frequently written/read partitions – perhaps
you can use that to identify a hotspot due to some external behavior (some partition being
read thousands of times, over and over could certainly drive up load).

-          Jeff

From: Pranay akula <pranay.akula2323@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, September 19, 2016 at 7:53 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: High load on few nodes in a DC.

when our cluster was under load  i am seeing  1 or 2 nodes are on more load consistently when
compared to others in dc i am not seeing any GC pauses or wide partitions  is this can be
those nodes are continuously serving as coordinators ?? how can  i find what is the reason
for high load on those two nodes ?? We are using Vnode.

Thanks

Pranay.