cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Oleksandr Petrov <>
Subject Re: Overhead of data types in cassandra
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 18:12:17 GMT
You can find the information about that in Cassandra source code, for
example. Search for serializers, like BytesSerializer:
get an idea how the data is serialized.

But I'd also check out classes like Cell and SSTable structure to get an
overview on what's the data layout.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 4:23 AM Alexandr Porunov <>

> Hello,
> Where can I find information about overhead of data types in cassandra?
> I am interested about blob, text, uuid, timeuuid data types. Does a blob
> type store a value with the length of the blob data? If yes then which type
> of the length it is using (int, bigint)?
> If I want to store 80 bits how much of disk space will be used for it? If
> I want to store 64 bits is it better to use bigint?
> Sincerely,
> Alexandr
Alex Petrov

View raw message