cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Russell Bradberry <rbradbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unsubscibe
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2016 00:46:09 GMT
While there is an informative email when you sign up, there are a couple issues with it. First,
as you said, people don't read instructions. Second, people forget. I would have to search
back to when I signed up for the list in order to find how to unsubscribe. Lastly, gmail and
many other apps provide a button that says "unsubscribe" which does little more than send
an email to the list. The latter is the reason I am suggesting that this be worked in as an
additional way to unsubscribe from the list.

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 8:39 PM -0400, "James Carman" <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

I see the confusion on quite a few lists around the organization.  It's not rampant, but it
does happen.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to improve the communication somehow.  When
you first subscribe, you get a pretty informative email describing all of the things you can
do via email, but who reads instructions?!?! :). I wonder if infra could force a footer on
the emails or something.