cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Paulo Motta <>
Subject Re: full and incremental repair consistency
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:02:38 GMT
Running repair with -local flag does not mark sstables as repaired, since
you can't guarantee data in other DCs are repaired. In order to support
incremental repair, you need to run a full repair without the -local flag,
and then in the next time you run repair, previously repaired sstables are

> Hello,
> I have a 2.2.6 Cassandra cluster with two DC of 15 nodes each.
> A continuous incremental repair process deal with anti-entropy concern.
> Due to some untraced operation by someone, we choose to do a full repair
> on one DC with the command : nodetool repair --full -local -j 4
> Daily incremental repair was disabled during this operation
> The significant amount of stream session produced by this repair session
> confirms to me that it was a good necessary.
> However, I wonder if the sstables involved in that repair are flagged or
> if the next daily incremental repair will be equivalent to a full repair.
> I didn't use the -pr option since -pr and -local are actually mutually
> exclusive (whether they should is the subject of another thread). I chose
> -local because the link between the datacenter is slow. But maybe choosing
> -pr would have been a better choice.
> Is there a better way I should have handled this ?
> Thank you,
> --
> Jérôme Mainaud

View raw message