cassandra-user mailing list archives

From George Webster <webste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question when using SASI indexing
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 20:52:01 GMT
The indexes were written about 1-2 months ago. No data has been added to
the servers since the indexes were created. Additionally, the indexes
appeared to be stable until I noticed the issue today. ... which occurred
after a made a large query without setting a LIMIT

I set the consistency level and moved the select statement between
different nodes. The results remained inconsistent, returning a random
number between 0 and 8. It did not appear to make much difference between
the different nodes or consistency level. However, after about 20 attempts,
all servers started to only return 0 results.

Lastly, this appeared in the logs during that time:

INFO  [IndexSummaryManager:1] 2016-08-02 22:11:43,245
IndexSummaryRedistribution.java:74 - Redistributing index summaries

INFO  [OptionalTasks:1] 2016-08-02 22:25:06,508 NoSpamLogger.java:91 -
Maximum memory usage reached (536870912 bytes), cannot allocate chunk of
1048576 bytes

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 6:58 PM, DuyHai Doan <doanduyhai@gmail.com> wrote:

> One possible explanation is that you're querying data while the index
> files are being built so that the result are different
>  The second possible explanation is the consistency level.
>
> Try the query again using CL = QUORUM, try on several nodes to see if the
> results are different
>
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 6:32 PM, George Webster <webstergd@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey DuyHai,
>> Thank you for your help.
>>
>> 1) Cassandra version
>> [cqlsh 5.0.1 | Cassandra 3.5 | CQL spec 3.4.0 | Native protocol v4]
>>

>> 2) CREATE CUSTOM INDEX statement for your index
>>
>> CREATE CUSTOM INDEX objects_mime_idx ON test.objects (mime) USING 'org.apache.cassandra.index.sasi.SASIIndex'
WITH OPTIONS = {'analyzed' : 'true', 'analyzer_class' : 'org.apache.cassandra.index.sasi.analyzer.StandardAnalyzer',
'tokenization_enable_stemming' : 'false', 'tokenization_locale' : 'en', 'tokenization_normalize_lowercase'
: 'true', 'tokenization_skip_stop_words' : 'true'};

>> 3) Consistency level used for your SELECT
>> I am using the default consistency
>> cassandra@cqlsh> CONSISTENCY
>> Current consistency level is ONE.
>>

>> 4) Replication factor
>>
>> CREATE KEYSPACE system_distributed WITH REPLICATION = {
>> 	'class' : 'org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy',
>> 	'replication_factor': '3' }
>> AND DURABLE_WRITES = true;
>>

>> 5) Are you creating the index when the table is EMPTY or have you created
>> the index when the table already contains some data ?
>> I created the indexes after the tables contained data.
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 5:22 PM, DuyHai Doan <doanduyhai@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello George
>>>
>>> Can you provide more details ?
>>>
>>> 1) Cassandra version
>>> 2) CREATE CUSTOM INDEX statement for your index
>>> 3) Consistency level used for your SELECT
>>> 4) Replication factor