cassandra-user mailing list archives

From John Wong <>
Subject compactions stuck and restart doesn't kill it
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 14:22:10 GMT

We have a compaction stuck. No progress ever made.

nodetool compactionstats
pending tasks: 2
          compaction type        keyspace   column family
completed           total      unit  progress
               Compaction    my_columnfamily               0
410383527     bytes     0.00%
Active compaction remaining time :   0h00m06s

I tried nodetool stop compactions --COMPACTION but that didn't do anything.

We also tried multiple node restarts, but a few mins later compactions will
come back. What can we do?

We are still at version 1.2.19 unfortunately (we have plan to move

View raw message